Enable remote work

On January 19th, with the noise in the afternoon, news of a close contact of COVID-19 spread throughout the building.

At that time, I was wearing headphones and working on requirements, and I didn't feel any fluctuations in my heart. I thought it was just a close contact, what is there to worry about?

A message came in the group, informing us that we can now only enter the building and not leave. Some colleagues started discussing whether they would be able to go home tonight.

At seven o'clock in the evening, while having dinner with Frank, a group of people rushed into the elevator, and nucleic acid testing began. Everyone was in a hurry because they heard that it would take at least two hours after the test before the results would be available, and without a negative test report, they couldn't leave.

In the end, it proved to be useless to rush, because we had to wait for everyone to finish testing before the samples could be sent.

After collecting the throat swab sample, I thought to myself that I might not be able to go home tonight.

Sure enough, until after eleven o'clock in the evening, there was still no news of being allowed to leave. The company's snack cabinet had already been emptied, and people in the red envelope group were sharing snacks with each other.

And I, have been working on optimizing my blog, not feeling the passage of time at all. It wasn't until I took off my headphones that I realized everyone was playing games or having fun. I felt out of place.

Vera suggested that everyone order supper and then play murder mystery in the conference room.

The whole early morning was spent in the conference room, eating and playing, from murder mystery to werewolf, using games to pass the time without feeling sleepy.

At five o'clock, everyone dispersed, but I didn't feel sleepy at all, so I started playing Call of Duty.

At six o'clock, I finally couldn't hold on anymore, so I lay down for a while, only to be woken up by someone's alarm clock. I really wanted to curse.

In a daze, I played with my phone, waiting for eight o'clock to come - it was said that the results would be available at eight o'clock. The colleague next to me had already started complaining, wondering if the government officials hadn't started working yet?

The results were not announced until around ten o'clock, and with it came the announcement of a 14-day period of working from home for the entire company.

Ellen and I hitched a ride back to the residential area with Felix, and it was in the car that I learned that the morning alarm clock was set by the big boss... because he got drunk and passed out...

We were delayed for over half an hour in the underground parking lot because we had to register. Damn cumbersome and inefficient procedures.

Dragging my exhausted body back home, it was almost midnight, and I thought about cooking some instant noodles and going to sleep.

When I opened the door, I heard noises coming from the kitchen. I peeked in and saw my roommate's girlfriend chopping vegetables... Well, I guess I'll just have dinner with them.

I woke up after five o'clock in the afternoon and received a call from the community, informing me that I had to strictly isolate at home, even reporting when I take out the trash.

Today is the first day of working remotely, and thinking back on the past two days, it's worth recording.

Ownership of this post data is guaranteed by blockchain and smart contracts to the creator alone.